Chief Operations Officer
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for creating and leading the human resources function in alignment with WEConnect International’s mission and goals. The position requires planning, directing and coordinating all activities related to the effectiveness of human capital to ensure the organization has the support needed to achieve its objectives.
Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource systems and programs including but not limited to performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, selection, training and development, culture alignment, leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, occupational health and safety. Contributes through others and does not have direct reports.
Recruiting, Selection and Retention
- Recruits, coordinates interview process, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborating with departmental managers to understand knowledge, skills, talent and behaviors required for openings.
- Keeps job requirements and job descriptions updated for all positions.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and oversees onboarding of new staff.
- Conducts exit interviews.
Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Develops, revises, and recommends personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains the employee handbook on policies and procedures.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains personnel files, pay plans and benefits program.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Training and Development
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Collaborates with the organization to assess training needs and monitors training programs.
- Works with external benefits provider to develop a competency model and apply to existing job descriptions.
- Oversees and manages a performance evaluation system that drives high performance.
- Establishes and maintains employee recognition programs to support organization goals.
- Collaborates with managers to create individualized development plans and management action plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of four years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM certification highly desired.
- Energized by detailed work needed to develop processes, policies and procedures.
- Enjoys the responsibility associated with ownership of an entire HR function.
- Ability to maintain and build trusting relationships in all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written forms.
- People oriented, exacting and results driven.
- Motivated by coordinating and responding to multiple needs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with interpersonal relationships, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Acts with integrity and maintains confidentiality in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets: www.WEConnectInternational.org.
Use subject line: Human Resources_YOUR NAME
No phone calls, please. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position. WEConnect International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.