Information Technology Technical Manager
Chief Operating Officer
WEConnect International is searching for an experienced resource to manage the online technology system requirements of the organization, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will be able to manage and provide support for our website and online platforms for connecting key stakeholders, business training and events. This is a hands-on role that covers the lifecycle of online technology implementation and support and ensures data integrity and security. This Online Support Manager will be responsible for developing virtual technology growth plans and keeping abreast of the latest technologies that could support the growth of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities In This Role Will Include:
Online Event Management Support
- Identify, propose, implement, and support online event and conference platform solutions as well as working with the complementary hardware and software solutions.
- Monitor the back-office support during active virtual online events and conferences of all sizes.
- Experience resolving network and user access issues during live streaming events.
- Ability to clearly communicate in live environments to all help all users quickly get to the root of their online challenges.
- Provide support in the form of procedural documentation for user access.
- Manage the timelines and access information for scheduled events.
- Develop and test these virtual technology growth plans as online events increasingly become a primary business element.
Ongoing IT desktop Support
- Identifying online solutions, as well as complementary hardware and software solutions
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve problems related to online systems and applications in a timely and accurate manner
- Resolving network issues
- Coordinating the installation and configuration of new hardware and software in support of online networking systems
- Provide systems administration for the various computer resources and manage the computer hardware team
- Check transaction logs to ensure backups are running efficiently
- Speak to team members to quickly get to the root of their online challenges
- Providing timely and accurate feedback to team members
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and online platforms
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation
- Testing and evaluating new technologies
- Able to work in WordPress to support the company website; make updates, post blogs, add news, upload images and documents with links if needed.
- Support Communications to keep the site updated and in good working order.
Special Position Requirements:
- Regular on-call rotation evenings/weekends/holidays may be required
- Position requires the successful completion of a background investigation
- Ideal candidate will bring experience with some or all the following technologies: Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Mac OS,Salesforce, Techchange, Wordpress, LMS platforms
- Ideal candidate will bring experience with some or all the following event platforms: Zoom, Skype, Webex, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, GoTo Webinar, Sharepoint
- Ideal candidate will bring experience with some or all the following Social Media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, WeChat, Hootsuite
- +5 years of experience managing websites and online communications systems
- Ability to independently resolve issues using internal and external resources
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service
- A Degree in Information Technology or Business Management is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Must be an energetic and highly motivated self-starter
WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. For more, visit: www.WEConnectInternational.org.
How to Apply:
Use Subject Line:
IT Technical Manager_YOUR NAME
No phone calls, please. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position. WEConnect International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.